Continuing my Audio Oasis! Awards, reflections on AXPONA 2019, and my photographs…
Merging Technologies/Evolution Acoustics/Wave Kinetics/darTZeel/Durand Tonearms/ATR/Analog Audio
In the Blue Light Audio room…world-class components, all!
Another big-time non-surprise: The Blue Light Audio et al. room was gassed, stoked, and ready-to-go! once again. Jonathan Tinn, Kevin Malmgren, and Joel Durand hosted a really seductive room, filled with state-of-the-art designs, and the amazing Maestoso Loudspeakers with their Exact external crossovers.
- Wave Kinetics NVS Reference Turntable ($45,000)
- Durand Tonearms Tosca 10″ Gimbal Tonearm ($14,900)
- Ortofon MC-Century Cartridge ($12,000, limited edition, sold out)
- darTZeel NHB-18NS MkII Preamplifier ($44,000)
- darTZeel NHB-108 Model Two Stereo Amplifier ($44,000)
- Merging Technologies MERGING+NADAC DAC ($10,000)
- Merging Technologies MERGING+CLOCK ($36,000)
- Merging Technologies MERGING+POWER power supply ($6000),
- ATR Services Ampex ATR 102 RTR Tape Deck (price varies; contact ATR Services)
- Evolution Acoustics Maestoso loudspeakers ($18,900 per pair)
The Evolution Acoustics Maestoso Loudspeaker with a Merging Technologies stack; in the lower right rear is the Exact external crossover, a technical tour de force
The unique Evolution Acoustics Maestoso Loudspeakers have impressed me every time I’ve heard them at audio shows.… Read the full article